ALC has formed an Electric Vehicles Working Group to consider the full impact that this rapidly-evolving transport solution will have on the movement of freight in the years ahead.
This Working Group will undertake to:
- collaborate with government and industry to promote the financial, social and environmental benefits of electric trucks.
- work with government to increase the production of electric trucks.
- establish targets for the industry in areas such as emissions reduction and the numbers of electric vehicles in fleets.
- position the logistics industry as a leading sector in the drive for enhanced environmental outcomes by demonstrating positive correlations between reduced environmental impacts, operational efficiency and business profitability.
- engage with governments to explore ways to incentivise electric vehicle use and simplify registration requirements for electric vehicles.
- use positive outcomes in these areas as ‘case studies’ to encourage further action, thereby enhancing the industry’s social licence and profile as a positive career option for emerging workforce participants.
- develop policy recommendations for the ALC Board; and
- disseminate information to the ALC membership and wider logistics industry.
A press release announcing the formation of this working group can be found here.
If you are interested in joining the ALC Electric Vehicles Working Group, please contact email@example.com or complete the form below.