Key Facts about the Freight Logistics Industry
- Represents 8.6% of the nation’s GDP in 2013.
- Directly contributed $131.6 billion to Australia’s economy in 2013.
- Employs around 1.2 million people.
- A 1% improvement in the efficiency of the sector generates $2 billion of gains to the economy each year.
- Provides critical services to three of the top four industries by value in Australia today – mining (9.6%), construction (7.4%) and manufacturing (7.4%).
For more information, visit Economic Significance of the Australian Logistics Industry.